The Lean Transformation Project Leader
Circle K Supply Chain Solutions is a consulting firm that works as a strategic partner for companies looking to improve their supply chain operation and optimize their value stream by reducing waste. Circle K helps companies build processes for a greater purpose. We are searching for data driven, financially minded, passionate candidates willing to grow and learn the consulting business.
The Lean Transformation Project Leader – Transactional role is a new position for the Business Excellence Team and will be integral to the way we execute our business for the long term. As part of the Business Excellence team, the Lean Leader will play a pivotal role in defining the future of the business processes. Working in close partnership with the leadership team of the facility or clients whom we have and the functional organizational leaders in different departments. The Lean Leader, will manage and implement projects pertaining to Lean practices across the business team and collaborate with stakeholders from other functions.
- Utilize data to make decisions on what projects customers should tackle first.
- Training and teaching on lean principles.
- Manage growth projects and improvement priorities in production environments and other operation centers that are critical to our business.
- Positively impact results and culture by establishing standards, institutionalizing daily management processes, and adopting consistent problem-solving methods across the business.
- Serve as a facilitator, educator, advocate, consultant and accountability partner for Transactional Lean, driving the understanding and application of Lean principles and tools across the entire Aviation Systems Business.
- Collaborate with our operations teams to improve processes and practices as compared to lean company benchmarks, both internal and external.
- Establish a lean transformation plan based on the prioritized transactional areas.
- Design and build organizational lean capability.
- Assist Manufactures, Fulfillment operations and Regional Director of Operations in establishing business leading indicator metrics and implementing daily management to drive continuous improvement.
- Partner with the Systems supply chain lean team on a kaizen event rhythm and leverage that activity to develop lean proficiency for all employees; creating internal capabilities to facilitate kaizens and sustain continuous process improvement without external support.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a lean project manager and facilitator with demonstrated ability in facilitating kaizen events and coaching on core tools such as Daily Visual Management, structured Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work and Transactional Process Improvement.
- Data management, Minitab and other quality systems
- Quickbooks and other financial software
- QMS/ISO Experience
- Data driven leader with ability to manage projects
- Ability to teach others by simplifying complex topics
- Lean & Six Sigma certification
- Expertise in solving complex problems and transforming business performance and process through the application of Lean techniques.
- Proven ability to effectively drive outcomes in large, matrixed organizations – understands how to navigate geographies, cultures, relationships, etc. Can drive work around the world because they are accountable, trustworthy, credible, committed, and intellectually agile.
- Successful change agent; ability to make the case for lean, demonstrate immediate impact and drive cultural change within the business and on campus. The ideal candidate has been through complex change and tough situations; bringing a will to win with strong followership.
- Proven ability to bring order and structure to function and organization quickly
- Additional leadership experience in a transactional function – finance, commercial, P&L, or engineering.
- Excellent time and project management.
- Impactful communicator from the shop floor to the executive staff.
- Highly collaborative person, comfortable with constructive conflict and debate normally associated with change.
- Critical thinker with the ability to bring others along, even those with conflicting priorities.
- Strategic mindset with hands-on approach.
- Big picture thinker with ability to execute on projects.